Pages

1.23.2010

Fancy Mom and Grandma Buttercup Bags

Here's the purses I made for my mom and Grandma. I had intended to design purses for everyone. I started with my mom, but the purse ended up too small and it took forever. I didn't like how stiff the iron on stabilizer was or how it kinda wrinkled the fabric. it was at this point I decided I was going to make Buttercup Bags for everyone. And they turned out great, if I do say so myself! I decided to make one for my mom too, even though I already made a purse for her. I decided to make hers 2 inches longer and experiment with an outer pocket with snaps. I like how it turned out.

Here's Mom's Buttercup Bag:
And here it is with the first purse. You can see the outer pocket on the Buttercup Bag:
Here's the purse I made for my grandma. I made hers 2 inches narrower. Here's the inside with pockets:
And here's the whole purse. She also got an outer pocket. I handmade the piping for both this purse and my mom's above.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment