Pages

1.26.2010

Fancy Dress, Dice Bag and more!!

Today's Ricky's birthday! It was a good, relaxing day. And now he's playing a bit WoW while I blog a bit. Yesterday I had promised to post something cute I had just finished. Well, I made some spaghetti! No...not pasta...spaghetti straps for a cute dress I made for my niece, Cecilia. I found some pre-shirred fabric in the remnant bin at Joann's and I had to have it and I had to make it into a cute dress for Cece. I took it over to measure it on her and she called me the next day to see if it was done because her mommy was home now. She was so excited, it was very cute. I gave it to her today. Okay, time for some pictures!

Here's the yummy spaghetti:
And here's the dress!:
I found instructions on how to shir fabric. I am determined that I will make something shirred by summer. It looks easy enough, I just have to be brave and hope my machine doesn't eat the elastic thread! I also made a little something for Ricky to match his WoW playing cushion. It's a DICE bag...haha that's right...a bag to put his D&D dice in!!
When I was looking for the bit of dice fabric that I knew I had left, I found a purse I made earlier this month that I didn't post. The pattern comes from Amy Karol's Bend-the-Rules Sewing: The Essential Guide to a Whole New Way to Sew book. It's called the Charming Handbag. It's cute and pretty simple.


The flower I made comes from the Rolled Rose tutorial I found of at Portabellopixie's blog. It didn't roll exactly how I wanted it to, but I like how it turned out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment