Pages

4.30.2010

Spring Top Week Entry #4

Hi! I finished my Spring Top Week entries!! This is is my 4th entry. It's simple, but cute. I got the fabric from Hobby Lobby. It is a pink knit fabric with sweet white flowers printed on it. (BTW, I love sewing knits with now! Not so scary!) This is my first completed top using a pattern. (I don't want to talk about the ones that aren't completed) The pattern I used was New Look 6950, view C.


Sometime I'll have to make those awesome stretch pants...lol. Oh yeah!! I got to use my new serger on this top! I LOVE my new serger!!! I used the basic 3 thread stitch for the side seams and the blind hem stitch on...you guessed it...the hem!

I love this top! Simple, comfy and girly. Good for layering or on its own!


Close-up of top-stitching. I'm pretty proud of it:


My first attempt at the blind-hem stitch:


And here I am, enjoying the sun in my new spring top!


And here's my official square pic for the Spring Top Week Flickr pool:

Posted by Picasa

One more to go! Thanks for looking!!
~Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment