Pages

4.14.2010

Spring Top Week Entry??

I am a little slow posting this one as I sewed it last Thursday. I finally got around to taking a picture of it today. I used the pattern that I made to make my B&W top in the previous post. This time I gathered the sleeves. I love it! It is so girly!! The main fabric is a knit that I got on sale at Hobby Lobby and the ribbing came from Joann's. It's a Raspberry Sew Classic Ribbing, I think. It was 50% off! So, this shirt cost less than $5!! I love a good deal! I am in love with sewing knits! I love making things that are cute and comfy.

Here I am, modeling the shirt:
For the gathering, I set my machine up for a basting straight stitch and it just kind of gathered it self. Then I pinned it to the shirt, spacing out the gather so it fit in just right. It was much easier than what I thought it would be.
Here's a close-up of the sleeve:


I haven't completely decided if I am going to enter this shirt in Spring Top Week. I already have a shirt like this entered. I hope I have time to make 5 different shirts for the contest. If I run out of time, I will probably submit this one.
Here's my square shot for the if I do enter it:


I had almost enough material to make another shirt, but not quite enough. Then it hit me! I could make a shirt for my niece Cecilia! I borrowed one of her shirts to make the pattern. I added an extra wide strip of ribbing to the hem to give it a different look. Don't think me odd for making us matching shirts, I didn't want to waste perfectly good material! She loves it! I might even have enough to make her a matching headband! I think that would look super cute on her! And a pink skirt if I'm feeling ambitious!!

Here's the 4 year old version:


UPDATED: More cutie girl pictures of the 4 year old version, modeled by my niece Cecilia!:

I have another top that I finished last weekend that I will post soon. It involves polka dots!! I think I might be able to complete my challenge to make 5 different tops! ::fingers crossed::
Thanks for looking!
~Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment