Pages

3.04.2010

Fancy Shining Star Purse!

I completed my first custom order! My sister had me make a Buttercup Bag for her friend's birthday. I think she is giving it to her today or tomorrow. It's the larger, longer version of the buttercup bag. She liked it so much that she wanted to keep it.

Here it is!!:


Here's a detail shot. Awesome button choice, Rebbie!:


The inside:


Another view of the bag (I'm really pleased with the top-stitching in the strap!):


I have another custom order in the works, my cousin Carlie picked out fabric for a bag. I hope to get started on it tonight. I ordered 2 sewing books from Amazon that I am really excited about. I have them checked out from the library, but I want to own them. I ordered Weekend Sewing: More Than 40 Projects and Ideas for Inspired Stitching by Heather Ross and One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!.
Weekend Sewing: More Than 40 Projects and Ideas for Inspired StitchingOne-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!

 
They should be here soon. Oh, yeah I made a wrap around skirt, but I think my seams were too big, so there isn't much wrap around. I will post it as soon as it is wearable. It's very summery, so I'm not feeling the fabric choice right now, maybe I will soon. OK, I'm rambling now. Thanks for looking. :-)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. i like it! it makes me feel like i'd be carrying around sunshine. (ask rebbie, she'll tell you) lol :) keep up the good work chrissytina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I'll have to ask her about that.

    ReplyDelete