Pages

3.09.2010

1 Buttercup Bag + 2 Works in Progress (WIP) =Fancy!

Just to warn you, this is a picture heavy post!

Will you be upset with me if I don't use the word Fancy in every title post? I almost didn't but I caved. I have discovered that WIP stands for Work in Progress in the blogging world, and maybe in real world too! It took me a bit to figure that out. I updated my blog layout! It has a header now. I used a program that I wasn't that familiar with and I was having trouble moving the buttons, so I stopped. I'll probably change it when I have more patience to mess around with it. Rick is working on some logos for me. I would love to get some tags made up to put in my projects. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it as Thread Fancy of if I should use something else. Any suggestions?? I like Thread Fancy, as I am the original Fancy Girl, but I don't know. Okay, maybe I should move on to my WIPs...

I finished my cousin Carlie's Buttercup Bag last night. It's speckled and blue! The lining fabric was a little thinner than what I am used to, but I think it worked out, I just had to adjust the tension. I top-stitched twice on the top edge because for some reason the insides were being fussy and didn't want to do what I wanted them to do. I like the look of the double line, so it's all good! (yeah, I said it)

First here's the zipper with a fancy purple zipper pull and the interior:
And here's the bag (click for a larger image if you want to see the double top-stitching)!

I mentioned that I was working on a wrap around skirt in an earlier post. The pattern is called the Yard-Sale Skirt. It is in the book Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. I haven't done any more with it since I mentioned it. To fix the lack of an overlap in the back, I either need to add another panel or 2 OR make it shorter by removing the waistband, hacking off the top portion of floral material and reattaching the waistband. Here's some pictures to show the two options (oh, please note, I have not hemmed it yet, so the bottom edge is still rough)

Here it is as it is now. I took pictures with my shirt tucked in to show off the waist band and my shirt not tucked because I never tuck shirts in:


And here it is if I were to make it shorter (I rolled it up under my shirt). The second picture is me being sassy! Please ignore my white white legs!:


So what do you think? Long or short? I have time to decide as this is definitely a summer skirt!

I have another WIP. This one will probably take me forever to complete as I haven't decided on a definite pattern. What is it you ask? I am going to make another denim quilt! I made one back in high school, and it is falling apart (I should really fix it). I have been cutting out 3 inch strips out of old blue jeans when I feel like it. Some day I will make it into an awesome quilt.

Here's what I have so far:

If you are still reading, I got my 2 new sewing books in the mail a few days ago! And I bought some new fabric. I have some projects a churning in my head. I'm thinking Spring! Some picnic place mats out of some blue/green material I got out of the clearance bin and some spring tops of of floral material! I want to participate in Made by Rae's Spring Top Week this year. I'm excited. I'll put a button in my sidebar. Okay, I think that is enough for now. Here's one last picture before I sign off...

Twirling FUN! Weeeee!

That made me dizzy!! Thanks for looking!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I use WIP too...but in referring to my stories that aren't finished!

    :)

    ReplyDelete