Pages

2.24.2010

Fancy Lickety-Split Birthday Presents

I had to wait until this past weekend was over to post these bags, because the were birthday presents! These are both made with Made by Rae's Lickety Split bag pattern. This first one was made for my friend Shannon. I was trying for a patch-work/hippie look with this bag. I used 8 fat quarters for this bag that I got from Wal-mart. I knew right away that I wanted to use the red batik material. I'm pleased with the result.
Here's a pic of the fabric laid out as I was trying to figure out which fabrics to pair up:


And here's the final bag, both views because it's reversible!:

Here's my final birthday bag for this month. This one was for my mom! After I made my first one I was showing it to my sister, she came over and started looking in to see how may pockets it had. She seemed to really like it. I knew that I had to make her one. I found the fabric at Jo-Ann's.
Here's both views of the bag:


Here's a close up of the pockets and the buttons I found in my Grandma's collection of buttons:


I have another project to post soon. Maybe tonight if my internet doesn't hate me. :-) Thanks for looking!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment