Pages

2.12.2010

Fancy Works in Progress

It's been snowing like crazy here. Yesterday was the first time we were able to get out of the house. Rick took me to Joann's so I could get some pretty fabric that is on sale. I think I want to go back and get more of the top one. I think It would make a fun sun dress (I know, I was just talking about snow, but I can dream about nice weather, right?)
Here's what I got:
Here's one of my current works in progress. It's called the Everything Tote. The pattern comes from the book Weekend Sewing: More Than 40 Projects and Ideas for Inspired Stitching by Heather Ross. I'm seeing how corduroy works with this pattern as I already had some. It's going to be a very girly looking bag. I'm trying out applique on this project. This bag is going to be a nice big one, probably big enough to hold my sewing machine!
Here's all the pieces waiting to be put together and the applique pieces waiting to be attached:
Here's a picture of it in the book:
One last picture for this post. I cleaned out the under part of my sewing table so I can open it up and sit a bit more comfortably. I'm posting this for you, Alexis, since you were worried about my comfort. Yay!


Thanks for looking!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I am very happy you cleaned it out. I was very worried about it. I am very excited about your new tote bag! i have a ton of courderoy as well so let me know how that goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! It's much better! My bag is finished. I had to modify it a bit because the corduroy is so thick, but it worked out. I'll have to blog about it. lol.

    ReplyDelete