Pages

2.09.2010

Fancy new Buttercup Bag for me!!

I have had a few projects going on here. I finished a bag for a friend that I will post later and a new Buttercup Bag for me. I wanted to try out a flap closure and a sturdier top and strap. I'm happy with the results. But before that, I have something exciting to share!! I can't believe I haven't posted this yet! Remember those PJ pants? Our entry is finally on the Janome website for the world to see!! I still need to enter in their first contest. I just need to write about how I learned to sew. Both contests end 3/31/10.

On to the project of the post. I finished up a new Buttercup Bag today. I made the larger version that is 129% of the original pattern from Made by Rae plus 2 inches added to the length. It's the same size as the one I made for my mom for Christmas. I thought I would include some pics of the process.

Here's the lining pieces and a pretty pretty zipper:
Here's all the pieces waiting to be assembled!:
Here it is right after I turned it right side out:
And here is the final bag:

This bag included a flap with a magnetic snap. Isn't it pretty??:

Here it is with the matching Lickety Split Bag(also from Made By Rae...did I mention I love her patterns??):
Thanks for looking!! :-)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment