Pages

5.10.2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day yesterday!!  I made my mom a little quilted zippered pouch and we also got her some flower pots.  This pouch was my first quilted project and I am quit pleased with it. I used the lining fabric on the bottom edge.  My sister thinks it looks like grass.  I quilted the batting to the outside fabric then added the ric-rac to the seam.  then I added the zipper and sewed it all together. 

Here's the pouch:

Here's the inside:


For my mother-in-law, Joy, I made some Picnic-tastic Place Mats.  Well, technically this is also her birthday present.  For her birthday I told her I would let her pick out some material and I would make her some.  Well I ended up making 8 of them and finished them in time for Mother's Day.  Rick also picked out some flowers for her and I found a tiny "Joy" book for her at work. 

Here they are all rolled up:


Here's the 2 different styles of these place mats.  I made 4 of each:
Posted by Picasa

In other news, I didn't make it into the Top 60 for Spring Top Week.  There were so many great tops entered this year.  I'll have to try harder next year!  I'm just pleased that I'm learning how to sew clothing and I completed and entered 5 different tops this year.

Thanks for looking!!
~Christina




No comments:

Post a Comment