Pages

2.01.2011

Baby things I made for my husband to enjoy.

 

I made yet another pair of Big Butt Baby Pants and another one of my super easy baby blankets.  I used leftover Sponge Bob Squarepants to make the pants.  I may get around to making a matching top, but if not they’ll go perfectly with just a onesie.   The blanket is made from a skull and cross bones fabric Rick picked out at Joann’s and the remaining fleece that I got out of a remnant bin.  The other half was used for one of the Care Bear blankets from my previous post.IMG_0329

I got a little creative with the quilting on the blanket….

IMG_0331

Can you see the heart and crossbones?  Rick really likes it.  Smile

Oh yeah, almost forgot…. the backside of the pants!  I fussy cut the back panel so that it features Patrick in a bubble!!!

IMG_0333

I have a few other quick projects I hope to get to before the little one gets here.  I would like to make a boppy cover, her name in felt, a snoopy blanket, and some other things I can’t think of right now.  But of course I would have to wait to show off her name in felt until after she’s born….you thought I was going to slip and give it away early, didn’t you??  I also hope to start some clothes from the patterns and the Sew for Baby book my aunt gave me.  The book was my grandma’s and both my aunt and mom used it when we were all babies.  I am so very excited about this!!

IMG_0343

Sew for Baby the Fun Way is by Kerstin Martensson.  From what I can tell, it is out of print, but Kwik Sew’s Sewing for Baby looks to be very similar.  I can’t wait to get started on these great patterns!!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment